Website and our Services are offered on an "as is" basis, based on the available Services and functional features without any warranty in any forms, whether expressed or implied. Cốc Cốc does not guarantee that the operation of software or Cốc Cốc's Services is not going to be interrupted or not going to have an error.
Cốc Cốc is not responsible for any data, benefit loss or other problems related to the use of Cốc Cốc's Services, including but not limited to information, data, document, software, music, sound, image, picture, video, message or others ("Content") that You store, publish, or download through Services. You accept Services of Cốc Cốc with all the potential risks.
You shall use the Services of Cốc Cốc according to Vietnamese applicable law. Cốc Cốc does not dismiss or allow any illegal/prohibited behaviors related to Services of Cốc Cốc. The illegal/prohibited behaviors when You are using the Services of Cốc Cốc are listed below. We reserve the right to investigate and conduct any necessary legal measures, at Cốc Cốc's discretion, on anyone violating these terms, including but not limited to anouncing to State Administrative Office.
You are not allowed to conduct any prohibited actions, including but not limited to taking advantages of the Internet with the intention to:
- Oppose the Socialist Republic of Vietnam; damage national security, order, social safety, national sodality; propagandize invasion; cause feud, conflict, national discrimination, racism, religious discrimination;
- Propagandize and rouse violence, obscene, social evils, depravity, superstitiousity; harm fine traditions and customs of the country;
- Reveal national secrets, military, security, economic, diplomatic secret, and other secrets regulated in the law;
- Misinform, slander, offend the prestige of an organization; the honor, dignity of an individual citizen;
- Take advantage of Internet to advertise, propagandize, sale products, Services that are blacklisted by the Law;
- Violate intellectual property right;
- Produce and circulate illegal technology products;
- Create illegal link with domains of organizations, individuals who legally own and use them;
- Disturb, damage equipment system and illegally prevent the management, supply, and use of Internet services and electronic information on the Internet;
- Steal and illegally use passwords, security codes and other information of an organization and individual on the Internet;
- Create and install harmful computer virus programs, software; commit an illegal action according to the Information technology Law;
When using Cốc Cốc's Services, you are bound to agree and comply with the following terms:
- Cốc Cốc provides You a free of charge, royalty-free, non-transferable and non-exclusive license to use the web browser and Services of Cốc Cốc. You shall not copy or allow others to copy; create derivative products or try to extract source code of Cốc Cốc Internet browser.
- Cốc Cốc browser which You are using may automatically download and install updates from time to time in order to fix bugs, improve, enhance and develop Cốc Cốc’s Services. During updating process, Cốc Cốc browser can distribute its updates using peer to peer mechanism. You agree and allow that Cốc Cốc uses this mechanism for its updates as part of your use of the Services.
- You agree and acknowledge that the Content is the sole responsibility of those who own that Content. Cốc Cốc has the right but doesn't have the responsibility to preview, select, refuse, modify or change any Content which is available on Services of Cốc Cốc. You bear your own risk when using our Services, despite the fact that when providing the Services, Cốc Cốc still uses the tools to filter out the information which is inappropriate or violates Vietnamese Law.
- You agree that Cốc Cốc is not responsible for any Content which You delete or is deleted or not saved during the time we maintain and provide the Services.
- You agree that You do not conduct business activities, use or produce, copy the Services of Cốc Cốc for commercial purposes unless You obtain our written permission.
- You agree that Cốc Cốc provides some Services with advertising content and displays ads and promotions. You agree that Cốc Cốc can place ads and promotion as such within the Services and Cốc Cốc will not be responsible for the loss or damage that You have to suffer caused by the display of ads and promotions or that You often receive ads and promotion as such when using the Services of Cốc Cốc.
- You acknowledge that Cốc Cốc can associate with or provide links to other websites and You agree that Cốc Cốc does not control and does not take the responsibility for any of the Content, ads, services, products that You get or know from these websites. In addition, You also confirm that Cốc Cốc will not be responsible for any loss and damage You have to suffer, which may arise from or may be caused by your use of the Content, ads, and products from such websites.
- You agree that You will not take part in any activities or conduct activities which may threaten to cause interruption or intermission to the Services of Cốc Cốc or other Services and network that link with the Services of Cốc Cốc.
- Cốc Cốc's Services and other necessary applications, components of the Services, including Intellectual property right of Services of Cốc Cốc, all the necessary applications, Services, components ("Intellectual property"), are protected by copyright, brand name, logo, or other property rights owned by Cốc Cốc or the third parties which give Cốc Cốc the Intellectual property right. You do not have the permission to use any commercial names, logos of the products, Services, symbols, domains, or other recognized forms of any typical products, Services of Cốc Cốc for commercial purpose unless You obtain a permission in writing from Cốc Cốc, or if your purpose does not badly influence, or prevent Cốc Cốc normal operation.
- An Editing activity (collecting, organizing and gathering) of all Intellectual property of Services are the monopolistic property of Cốc Cốc and is protected by Vietnamese Law and other international treaties on copyrights. Intellectual property of Services and other Services which are owned, operated, managed, by Cốc Cốc or given for Cốc Cốc is not for copying, reproducing, republishing, uploading, posting, or distributing in any form. Using or changing of Intellectual property of Cốc Cốc in any form, including but not limited to any website or environment linked to any computer without a written permission from Cốc Cốc will be an action of violation the Intellectual property right and other property rights of Cốc Cốc and will be prohibited by Cốc Cốc.
- According to this term, Cốc Cốc respects and does not dispose your right of ownership or your other rights to the Content that You send, publish online, transfer or display on our browser. You agree to be responsible for the protection and implementation of those rights, and Cốc Cốc will not be responsible for the implementation of these rights on your behalf unless there is a written agreement between You and Cốc Cốc.
- We respect the Intellectual property right and request Cốc Cốc's users to do the same. You shall not be allowed to upload, tag, post, send or use any other available methods or any other components that have bad impact on copyright, brand, trade secrets or other property rights owned by any organization and individual. We have the right to stop providing the link to access the Services of Cốc Cốc or any other Services provided by Cốc Cốc to anyone that we reasonably believe to be violators.
We may collect the following information:
- Information you provide - When you sign up to use products and services of Cốc Cốc (including advertising services), we will ask for your personal information . We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other services of Cốc Cốc or services from third -party providers in order to provide you with better products and to improve the quality of our services. You can use Cốc Cốc homepage to learn more about the information associated with your account.
- Log information - When you use services of Cốc Cốc in Cốc Cốc browser and related products, our servers will automatically record certain access information which is also known as server logs. These server logs include information about your web requests, your interactions with a service, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your requests and your browsing cookies to identify your browser or your account.
- Contact information of users - When you send email or any contact information to Cốc Cốc, we may keep this information to respond to your questions and to improve our services. In addition, we may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
- Device Information - We may collect information about your devices (including hardware model operating systems and device identifiers).
- Location information - When you use the products or services of Cốc Cốc, we can use different technologies to collect information to determine your location.
In addition to the above purposes, we may use information collected to:
- Provide you with relevant contents that are more convenient for you, such as providing you with search results and ads that match your needs.
- Provide, maintain, protect and improve our services as well as develop new ones;
- Protect the rights or properties of Cốc Cốc and Cốc Cốc users.
To increase the usability of Cốc Cốc and its services (including but not limited by improving the accessibility of advertising services), we can collect all the data about user behaviors. However, we do not have the rights to share or sell this information to third parties.
If we use this information for any purpose other than the purposes for which the information is collected, we will inform to ask for your permission.
Cốc Cốc processes personal information on our servers in many countries. In some cases, we may process personal information on a server located outside the country you live in.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but you can set your browser to refuse all cookies or to be notified when a cookie is being sent. However, it should be noted that some of the features and services of Cốc Cốc may not operate properly if cookies are disabled.
Cốc Cốc only shares personal information with other individuals or companies outside of Cốc Cốc in the following circumstances:
- With your consent, we will ask you to choose whether to share any sensitive personal information.
We strongly believe that the access, use, or disclose of such information is reasonably necessary to:
(a) Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or any request of the government,
(b) Enforce applicable Terms of Service, and investigate potential violations of these provisions,
(c) Detect and prevent fraudulent behaviors, and problems about technology securities,
(d) Protect against violations that can cause harm to the rights, property or safety of Cốc Cốc, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
If Cốc Cốc engages in any form of merger, purchase, or sale a portion or all of its assets, we will continue to ensure the confidentiality of any personal information relating to such transactions and we will notify you before personal information is transferred or becomes subject to other privacy policies.
We use appropriate security measures to prevent the access, modification, disclosure or destruction of data in an unauthorized manner. These measures include reviewing the data collecting, storing and processing as well as security measures, including physical security measures and appropriate encryption to protect against unauthorized access to our systems that store personal data.
We only allow employees, contractors and agents of Cốc Cốc to access personal information. It is the people who need this information to process the data on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may become a subject to strict discipline, including the termination of employment and criminal prosecution if they violate these obligations.
When you use the services of Cốc Cốc, we strive to provide you with access to your personal information or to edit this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data as per your request and it is not required by the law to keep or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and confirm their information requirements as it is accessed, modified or deleted. We may decline to process requests that are repeated many times in an unreasonable manner, requests that require inappropriate technical support, requests that jeopardize the privacy of others or requests that are extremely impractical (for example, requests for information on tape storage). In any case, when we provide access and edit the information, we perform this service for free, except for when such implementation requires big efforts. By means we maintain certain services, after you delete your information; it may take a while for the remaining copies to be removed from our servers. Copies may persist in our backup systems.
Cốc Cốc adheres to the principles of personal information safety about handling information notifications, security and data integrity in accordance with the Information Technology Act of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
In this policy, terms as "Cốc Cốc", "Cốc Cốc browser", "we", "our" mean Cốc Cốc Company Limited (ITIM) and its operation in the information technologies sector in Vietnam. The terms such as "You" and "User" are understood as you, person who installs and uses Cốc Cốc browser.
When using our browser, users provide us with some incognito information (the information which does not belong to any specific individual). This information is used to improve our products such as to develop features of the browser, upgrade searching quality, and etc.
Please note that when working with Cốc Cốc, users are not required to provide any personal information.
When you use any browsers, including Cốc Cốc, the host server of accessed websites will receive some logging in information on default mode IP address of users, one or a few cookie files. Users can unable the receiving of cookie files from any accessed websites by making adjustment in the setting.
In the following cases some features of our browser may send the limited amount of supplement information to CocCoc host server or to the searching system:
- If users use Google search engine, Cốc Cốc will link the host server of Google when starting or when you change internet providers in order to select the most suitable websites to send to your searching results. The same thing will work on other browsers such as; Chrome, Mozilla or Apple Safari. Every time when you enter the URL address or other search in address bar of the browser (omnibox), the typed characters will be sent to the searching system by default. According to this information, Cốc Cốc browser will also send this information to your default searching engines and you will receive searching suggestions. In addition, if you access Cốc Cốc browser using Google account, the original text you enter in App Launcher Box search can be sent to Google to give you recommendations about addresses or applications you need. If you do not want it to be sent, you can disable the suggestion feature in Omnibox in the setting bar.
To supplement for the default searching system, the searching query will be also sent to Cốc Cốc searching system, the same as meta-search (or infospace.com; webcrawler.com). This feature allows us to improve the service quality by selecting and providing the most suitable searching result for users. To disable this query sending, you can turn off the meta-search function of Cốc Cốc in the settings.
- If you turn on the function instant search on Cốc Cốc and get support of default search system, the result and the suggestion will be displayed instantly. This function is similar to Google Chrome browser. The suggestion about saving rules on the address bar and instant search feature of Google, please see at: https://support.google.com/chrome/?p=cpn_logging_policy.);
- When you enter an unreal URL address, Cốc Cốc, similar to Chrome, will send this address to Google to help you find the URL address that you need. Google can use this whole information to help other users as well like to inform that the address is not working. You can also turn off the function in the setting bar of the browser.
- Cốc Cốc browser is always linked with Cốc Cốc host server in order to monitor the updated work, check connection status, moderate the options and to identify the number of users. Each version of installed Cốc Cốc browser will have a random code. This code will be sent to our host server. In operation this code sometimes will be changed, and the new one will be generated randomly.
- When you create monitoring profile on Cốc Cốc through Google, the monitored information will be synchronized and stored in Google host server. You can access to the information through this website: chrome.com/manage.
- If you use addtone and spelling checker, the input text will be sent to Cốc Cốc host server. At the same time, you will receive the suitable options for the text. You can also turn off these two functions on the browser.
- If you use Cốc Cốc's synchronizing feature and sign in using your personal account, some particular information related to your account such as your bookmarks, browser history and other settings, will be stored in Cốc Cốc host server. You can choose which information is allowed to be synchronized in Cốc Cốc Sync Settings. By not signing in, the feature is inactive by default.
- The voice recording feature on Cốc Cốc will send to Google the recording query along with the browsing language on default and grammar settings of the opened website. It is necessary to transform the recording into text. If you turn on the statistics and error report with the voice recording feature, the added information will be sent to Cốc Cốc. The sent information might include URL address of the websites which use the voice recording feature, the version of the operator system, name of the producer, type of your computer, as well as other information of the supported sound system hardware.
- GPS is open on default on Cốc Cốc. This feature is used when Google GPS is connected to obtain the location depending on users' device, internet connection, which may include the information about the nearest Wifi navigator, ID of the mobile coverage network, coverage level and IP address in your device. With the service of Google, Cốc Cốc browser send the location to Cốc Cốc host server in order to improve the searching result, select the best advertisement for you. All the information stated here is in incognito mode. You can also turn off the GPS-location feature on browser's settings.
- If you are in the safe mode and want to access into the website that might have the attack thread from the third party, the browser will block the connection. Afterward, Coc Coc will send the connection information to Google in order to define attack scale and methods.
- Cốc Cốc opens a feature which detects the websites connection problems. When something goes wrong, the volume of access (including: URL addresses with problems and connection information) will be redirected to a special host server of Cốc Cốc. This mechanism helps problems with broken connection when using the browser. The mechanism is also similar to the information transferring through host server on Opera with Turbo feature and other browsers for mobiles which is for saving access volume.
- Cốc Cốc automatically turns on the feature of sending statistics and history of browsing, the information about the users' system and errors report. This function is applied for all users on this version of Cốc Cốc. The collected information allows us to understand the way users browse, as well as to help in anticipating the problems when using the browser, improving the using quality and developing Cốc Cốc's products. Cốc Cốc also sends incognito information from browsing history. Users can also turn off this sending option in browser's settings.
- We always try to limit the sending of users' personal information to Cốc Cốc. Besides, if you use Cốc Cốc's synchronizing feature by sign in Cốc Cốc Browser, we may store your log-in information. Additionally, errors report (as in Chrome) may contain the information about the system at the time of the errors as well as their reasons, and in that case we can send to the third party the general information (not personal information) we received to analyze the error such as the frequency of some certain errors.
Cốc Cốc and other browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari) all have safe mode browsing of Google. In this mode, browser receives from Google host server the information about suspected websites to check if the website is safe or not.
Periodically, Cốc Cốc browser will connect to Google to update the listed website which is confirmed fraud or contain virus. In this case, Google will not receive any information of any personal account. Google will only receive the general information such as IP address or some cookies. The copy of updated safe web browsing will be stored in your system.
The safe web browsing list is checked and compared when you access to any websites. If any coincidence happens, browser will send Google a copy of the websites analyzed URL to receive supplemented information. Google cannot define the websites real URL which you are in. For further details, please see at: http://code.google.com/apis/safebrowsing/firefox3_privacy_faq.html.
Additionally, Cốc Cốc has the following safe mode browsing:
- In some version, there is the feature helping to detect unsafe websites and to download file which is not in the Google's list. The information about complete URL or download source may be sent to Google to analyze. In this case, Google will not receive any information about account or your personal information, except for the general information (IP address, URL, or other cookie file).
- Safe mode browsing is designed to detect unsafe website, the added information will be sent to Google to improve this function. The information is sent after you close warned website or when you move from that website to another. The report will contain the URL of the website which leads you to the warned website, URL of the warned website itself and its content. This information allows Google to examine whether this website is dangerous to users or not.
- If Cốc Cốc opens the feature sending using statistics, when you are moved to unsafe website, some information will be sent to Cốc Cốc. It might include the complete URL of the accessed website, title that gives you the introduction of that website, and URL address which is on the restricted list of the safe mode browsing.
- You can turn off the safe mode web browsing on Cốc Cốc at any time in the browser's settings.
The website you access through Cốc Cốc, as well as other browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari), will receive the information of general history, including:
- Query address website
- IP address
- Type of browser
- Browsing language
- Time and date of the visit
- Cookie files
These websites can create their own cookies and store the information in your computer. You can restrict these cookie files and other information in Cốc Cốc's settings.
- Searching query and other query characters, You can receive the suggestion that helps to short the query time;
- Location. By defining the location, the searching system can provide more relevant searching results. The location of the users is important in providing the results, for example, when they look for the nearest restaurants or shop.
- The information about searching result as well as the advertisement allows us to improve searching result and provide users with better advertisement information.
Besides, when users surf websites on Cốc Cốc browser, some cookie file may be created by our partners in the advertisement sector - Group M company. The collected information from cookies helps Group M to adjust and provide users with the most relevant ads. GroupM never requires and Cốc Cốc never agrees to provide any personal or private information of users. For further details about how GroupM uses the information as well as the way to refuse such information, please see at website: www.targad.info.
If you turn on the feature anticipating browsing behavior and accessing to a website, Cốc Cốc may link with IP address of all the connection on that website and create internet links in order to boost the speed of browsing. On some websites, pre-checking technology is applied, allowing to pre-load the links you may access.
If you work with Cốc Cốc in incognito mode, the saved cookie files will not be sent to the website you access. These websites may store the new cookies but only during the time when you browse as an incognito. Once you close the browser and all the tabs in incognito mode, the cookie files are deleted.
If you turn on the location monitoring on Cốc Cốc, the browser may send the information about your location to the website. Cốc Cốc will only do that with your permission. Cốc Cốc will not interfere the other website's privacy protection measures.
With access to certain information on Cốc Cốc, there are might be some websites use Adobe Flash Access and the partners with uploaded content. They may require you to send them special identity, which is stored in your computer. You can turn it off in special modification or adjust this special identity when the operating system is reset.
Cốc Cốc browser (similar to Chrome) may use the applications, extensions, title, service and added applications (called Added Applications) which either exist before or newly integrated, available in internet store of Google or from other sources.
As in other browsers (including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari), Cốc Cốc saves in your system the following information:
- Browsing history; URL of the websites which you have visited, file in cache memory including text, image, and list of some IP address containing the links to the websites;
- Function supporting searching of almost all websites you have visited (excluding the secured websites with the address "https", websites of banks, for example);
- Censored images of almost all the websites you have visited;
- Cookie file and data of the website you have visited in your computer;
- Basic date store in the added file;
- Download history.
You can delete completely or partially the data you have visited anytime here: coccoc://settings/clearBrowserData. When you do this, the data will be deleted from your system as well as from Coc Coc's servers.
Besides, you can limit the information saving by choosing the incognito browsing mode. In this mode, Cốc Cốc will not save any basic information about browsing history on internet, for example: URL, text in Cache memory, IP address related to the websites you have visited. Cốc Cốc does not save the images of the websites you have visited, nor set the download history (even though this information may be saved in other location on computer, such as the recent file). The new cookie file during the time you work in incognito mode will be deleted after the browser is closed. To know that you are in incognito mode, you can see the signal “Incognito” at the upright corner of the browser. Sometimes the color of the window is also changed.
If there is any change in website settings, for example if you open a new tab to access to website or when you change the settings, the information will be saved also. Using incognito mode (as a guest) does not affect these changes.
Besides, Cốc Cốc can save the passwords for different websites. These saved passwords can be seen at the settings page of the browser.