1. Collecting and using information
We may collect the following information:
- Information you provide - When you sign up to use products and services of Cốc Cốc (including advertising services), we will ask for your personal information . We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other services of Cốc Cốc or services from third -party providers in order to provide you with better products and to improve the quality of our services. You can use Cốc Cốc homepage to learn more about the information associated with your account.
- Log information - When you use services of Cốc Cốc in Cốc Cốc browser and related products, our servers will automatically record certain access information which is also known as server logs. These server logs include information about your web requests, your interactions with a service, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your requests and your browsing cookies to identify your browser or your account.
- Contact information of users - When you send email or any contact information to Cốc Cốc, we may keep this information to respond to your questions and to improve our services. In addition, we may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
- Device Information - We may collect information about your devices (including hardware model operating systems and device identifiers).
- Location information - When you use the products or services of Cốc Cốc, we can use different technologies to collect information to determine your location.
In addition to the above purposes, we may use information collected to:
- Provide you with relevant contents that are more convenient for you, such as providing you with search results and ads that match your needs.
- Provide, maintain, protect and improve our services as well as develop new ones;
- Protect the rights or properties of Cốc Cốc and Cốc Cốc users.
To increase the usability of Cốc Cốc and its services (including but not limited by improving the accessibility of advertising services), we can collect all the data about user behaviors. However, we do not have the rights to share or sell this information to third parties.
If we use this information for any purpose other than the purposes for which the information is collected, we will inform to ask for your permission.
Cốc Cốc processes personal information on our servers in many countries. In some cases, we may process personal information on a server located outside the country you live in.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but you can set your browser to refuse all cookies or to be notified when a cookie is being sent. However, it should be noted that some of the features and services of Cốc Cốc may not operate properly if cookies are disabled.
3. Information sharing
Cốc Cốc only shares personal information with other individuals or companies outside of Cốc Cốc in the following circumstances:
- With your consent, we will ask you to choose whether to share any sensitive personal information.
We strongly believe that the access, use, or disclose of such information is reasonably necessary to:
(a) Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or any request of the government,
(b) Enforce applicable Terms of Service, and investigate potential violations of these provisions,
(c) Detect and prevent fraudulent behaviors, and problems about technology securities,
(d) Protect against violations that can cause harm to the rights, property or safety of Cốc Cốc, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
If Cốc Cốc engages in any form of merger, purchase, or sale a portion or all of its assets, we will continue to ensure the confidentiality of any personal information relating to such transactions and we will notify you before personal information is transferred or becomes subject to other privacy policies.
4. Information security
We use appropriate security measures to prevent the access, modification, disclosure or destruction of data in an unauthorized manner. These measures include reviewing the data collecting, storing and processing as well as security measures, including physical security measures and appropriate encryption to protect against unauthorized access to our systems that store personal data.
We only allow employees, contractors and agents of Cốc Cốc to access personal information. It is the people who need this information to process the data on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may become a subject to strict discipline, including the termination of employment and criminal prosecution if they violate these obligations.
5. Access and edit personal information
When you use the services of Cốc Cốc, we strive to provide you with access to your personal information or to edit this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data as per your request and it is not required by the law to keep or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and confirm their information requirements as it is accessed, modified or deleted. We may decline to process requests that are repeated many times in an unreasonable manner, requests that require inappropriate technical support, requests that jeopardize the privacy of others or requests that are extremely impractical (for example, requests for information on tape storage). In any case, when we provide access and edit the information, we perform this service for free, except for when such implementation requires big efforts. By means we maintain certain services, after you delete your information; it may take a while for the remaining copies to be removed from our servers. Copies may persist in our backup systems.
Cốc Cốc adheres to the principles of personal information safety about handling information notifications, security and data integrity in accordance with the Information Technology Act of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.